I’m, of course, thrilled beyond measure that my friends have adopted again! It’s amazing to watch their family grow and watch them love their babies.
And, as part of the family of Christ, I’d love to help them raise money for this adoption. They didn’t go into either of their adoptions assuming anyone would help them financially in any way. They regularly tell me how “undeserving” they are. And isn’t that true!?! None of us are deserving of God’s grace in our lives, and yet here we are!
There are a couple of ways to give:
- Make a donation by clicking here.
- Sign up for a fall mini photo session by clicking here. All proceeds will benefit the Ashley’s!
It’s one of my greatest joys in life to watch the family of God come together to help with an adoption. My husband and I love contributing to adoptions, babysitting kids so people can go adopt more, and facilitating adoption fundraisers. We’re looking forward to seeing more of God’s big story for Zach and Danielle and baby Ezekiel Benjamin!
Read Danielle’s post below to learn more of Zeke’s story!
Our Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser is shaping up really well! In fact, the cigar bar is going really, really well. A friend of Zach and Danielle’s put a request out for cigar donations on a forum that he’s part of. We were praying for 50 cigars to be donated… so far we’re at almost 200 and in the end we’re expecting around 500 cigars from almost every major brand! The response was enormous and, of course, is “more than we could ever ask or imagine!” We’re going to change up our fundraising just slightly. It’s still spaghetti and karaoke. It’s still $10 a ticket. What has changed, though, is that we’re going to have dinner and cigars outside on the patio and dinner and karaoke inside. Basically if you’re coming just for cigars and dinner you can avoid the karaoke by staying on the patio and enjoying your smoke!
Please feel free to print a flyer and hand them out! We’re praying for a large turnout and it’s going to be a great night!
Tickets are on sale now:
Also, a few people have mentioned that they can’t make it to the event, but want to still give. We’re working on an easy way to make that happen and I’ll update soon. In the meantime, please email me at karababy20[at]yahoo[dot]com if you would like to mail Zach and Danielle a check and I can provide you with their address!
Today I’m writing a guest post for the Ashley’s to announce something very exciting…
Spaghetti Dinner/Karaoke Night!
Friday, June 13th from 6:30pm-11:00pm
Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door.
Home of Dr. and Mrs. Richard Gautraud, California, KY
Your ticket covers the cost of a delicious, homemade spaghetti and meatball dinner with bread and salad! Here are some of the other amazing things we’ll be doing that night (aka other ways to support the Ashley’s adoption):
- Karaoke – The cost is just $10 for 2 songs or $15 for 4. Sing a song yourself or nominate someone to sing a song! OR – if you hate karaoke and want no part of singing in front of everyone you know – you can purchase a $20 all-night LEAVE ME ALONE pass!
- Cigar Bar – Karaoke not your thing? You’ll have a great time enjoying the evening and incredible view of the Ohio River just by ponying up your $20 for the Leave Me Alone pass and then puffing on some incredible cigars offered at or below market value! Donations of cigars are coming in rapidly and it looks like we’re going to have a really great selection.
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar – The Colonel’s Creamery will be there selling delicious, homemade ice cream! Treat yourself to a scoop or two… or three!
- Bake sale – Don’t want to risk the ice cream headache? You’ll still have plenty of fantastic dessert options to choose from!
- Raffle – We’ll be raffling off several great items throughout the night!
Again, tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Your ticket covers the cost of your dinner. Costs for all of the other completely fun things we’ll be doing that night are additional, so bring cash or check ready to spend for a wonderful cause!
Tickets are on sale now: